Thursday, September 15, 2011

Leaving a Leagacy....

What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others. Pericles

The thought of my legacy sobers me up real quick. It makes me want to run to Jesus and cry out for His grace and mercy to accomplish.

I read a post where a woman says “I don’t want the legacy for my own pride, I want to leave a noble imprint on our family history so that the generations of daughters who come after me can look back with resolve and say, “our great grandmother persevered in godliness and so will we.”

Wow! What do I want my children to say about me….

….that she loved truth and devoured grace. She never gave up. She loved God and the beauty He weaves.

Her life was a fragrant offering to God, and her love a pleasant aroma to those who do not know Him…in the hopes that they will.

She knew she could never do all these things on her own and so she cried out to God daily. She covered me in prayer, she loved my daddy, she lived life joyfully.

She invested in the lives of others…she invested in me.
She taught me His word and she was fun! She was mindful of the moment and made the smallest, most seemingly insignificant, or even boring things memorable. Bike rides, bubble baths, making cookies, singing silly songs; she used them all to point me to Who made them all. She taught me to “love the LORD, listen to his voice, and hold fast to Him.” Dt. 30:20

Leaving a legacy…these are BIG dreams…but God is all about making the impossible possible!

No comments: