Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Tuesday's Treasure:God's Love Story to Me

I am sure by now it is evident the amount of daydreaming and praying that I do about being a woman after God's own heart. Call me "Mrs. Fix It", but I honestly wake up each day in anticipation of what I can learn today to be the wife, daughter, mother, friend that I seek.

Sometimes I am an overachiever and forget that great lives are made up of many "little" disciplines. One little discipline I have been trying to achieve is to study God's word. The treasures of God's word are fathomless (Romans 11:33) and His word helps flesh out the heart attitude that God calls us all to be.

The scripture that has been on my heart the past few weeks is Colossians 3:12-14. (For me, it makes studying and memorizing scriputre so much easier if I personalize it, that is why it might be a little different if you try to look it up word-for-word)

It says that since God chose me for this new life of love, I must clothe myself with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. I must make allowance for other’s faults. I must forgive anyone who offends me as I remember that the Lord forgave me-so I must forgive others. And regardless of what else I put on, I must clothe myself with love, which binds us all together in perfect harmony.

I would love to hear what scripture reaches deepest in your heart...what is God speaking to you this week? What treasure have you found in His word...

1 comment:

Wynne Elder said...

Sommer, you are amazing! thanks for your constant encouragment.....here is my scripture

"So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness."
colossians 2:6-7

I'm just trying to be THANKFUL!!