Monday, September 28, 2009

E-Mealz Update

Just wanted to update you on E-Mealz. A couple of weeks I ago I told you I was taking the plunge. http://sommer-mypreciousfamily.blogspot.com/2009/09/cooking-101uh-oh.html

For $5 bucks a month, I highly recommend it! Every week, you get 5 new recipes AND it even prints out your shopping list!! I love it because it has shaken up the rut I have been in cooking the same dishes over and over. Plus, it helps me only buy what we use. Before, I bought random things at the store without a plan of how I was going to use them.
The recipes are super easy! I actually just made the yummiest dish for lunch!

Creamy Bacon Tortellini 

Ingredients:
9oz refrigerated cheese tortellini
6 bacon slices
1/3 c shredded parmesan
1/4 c whipping cream
1 T minced garlic, 1 t dried parsley, 1/8 t pepper

In large saucepan, boil tortellini as pkg directs. Drain and remove from pan. Cook bacon in same pain, reserving 1 1/2 T drippings in pan. Return tortellini, crumble bacon and add remaining ingredients to pan. Toss gently

My hubbie said this dish reminded him of his favorite at Carinos. Now that's a compliment :)

No comments: