Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Tuesday's Treasure: A Wife Far Above Rubies

Proverbs 18:22 says that "He who finds a wife, finds a good thing."

Proverbs 31:10 says that her worth is "far above rubies."

There is nothing like God's Word to stir within the heart the desire to be a gracious, good wife, virtuous and far above rubies. I want to be a blessing to my husband, but I wonder if the way I speak to my husband "makes his heart glad" (Proverbs 12:25)

Have you ever been around a woman who doesn't respect her husband? Who nags, picks, disagrees, corrects, and battles with him in public? Have you ever wanted to say...hey, cut it out?" Well I was that woman this week and I just hated it. I thought...who is this person??

Proverbs 18:21 says that there is life and death in the power of the tongue. I have the ability to tear down, devour, hurt and weaken my husband..just with my words. And sometimes it’s 1 or 2 words that do the trick! Ouch!

In response, I made myself a couple of promises.

1. I will never speak critically or negatively about my husband to anyone. I am on assignment from God to be his biggest fan and cheerleader in life.

2. In every opportunity, I will bless my husband in public. Chris needs to be number one in my life (after God) and not only does he need to know it, but everyone needs to know it. I want my speech concerning my family to be "seasoned with salt" (Colossians 4:6)

3. My prayer is that I am walking so closely with the Lord that His fragrance permeates all of my life and is refreshing to my husband.

Lord, I want to be a wife who spoils her husband rotten! Help me to choose words wisely and be a source of encouragement and love to my husband. Love on Chris through me! May my lips of praise encourage him to conquer the world!

No comments: