Friday, October 23, 2009

Tuesday's Treasure:Gratitude

"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life.

It turns what we have into enough, and more.

It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, and confusion to clarity.

It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend.

Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow"

Melody Beattie

November is just around the corner. Can you believe it? With the Thanksgiving holiday quickly approching, I feel a sudden attitude of gratitude. My hope is to take this month and really appreciate the many blessings God has given me.
I am loving Colossians right now. In Chapter 3, verse 16 we are instructed to "Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God."

So...Today....I am grateful for all those things that go missing because their absence reminds me how blessed I am to have had them at all.

No comments: