Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Tuesday's Treasure: Prayers for Our Children

I found this awesome prayer and have spent the last week looking each scripture up and personalizing my prayer over Kaitlyn. My little one is finally getting old enough for us to start teaching her right and wrong, and most importantly the ways of the Lord.
I got convicted this week about how much time I let her watch Barney videos-that honestly she has learned so much from!

How much more can I invest in the heart of my precious one, to teach her about how to become a child of faith. I would to someday have this memorized and pray over her each night.
Prayer For My Sweet Baby K

Acts 19:20.........I thank you Father that Your Word prevails over Kaitlyn,

Isa 54:13...........that she is taught of the Lord and will continue to be

Prov 13:1.......... the fruit of godly instruction and correction.

Prov 2:6............ Father, give Chris and I counsel and wisdom in bringing up Kaitlyn.

1Pet 1:14.......... I pray that she is obedient, not conforming to the things of the flesh,

1Pet 1:15.......... but holy, in all conduct.

1Pet 2:2........... desiring the pure milk of the Word that she may grow.

Jas 1:19............That she is swift to hear, slow to speak, and slow to anger.

Heb 13:5.......... That her conduct is without covetousness,

Heb 13:5.......... and she is content with what she has.

Heb 13:16......... May she not forget to do what is right and to share.

2Pet 3:18.......... I pray that Kaitlyn grows in the grace and knowledge of our Lord,

1Thes 4:1......... and abound more and more in how she should walk and please You.

1Pet 5:5........... That she may submit to her elders, and to one another,

1Pet 5:5........... being clothed with humility.

1Pet 5:7........... That she will cast her cares upon You, Father, for You care for her.

Jas 1:22............I pray that she becomes a doer of the Word, and not hearer only,

Ph'm 1:6...........effectively sharing her faith.

2Tim 1:7 ..........not having a spirit of fear, but of power, love, and a sound mind.

2Tim 1:9...........Father, You have saved Kailtyn and called her with a holy calling,

2Tim 1:9 ..........not according to works, but according to Your own purpose.

2Tim 4:18.........Deliver her from every evil work and preserve her.

1Jn 5:18 ..........Because Your protection keeps her safe, I pray that the wicked one does not touch her.

Ps 91:11..........Give Your angels special charge to accompany, defend, preserve

Ps 4:8.............and provide safety for Kaitlyn, day and night.

1Jn 2:5 ...........Because she will keep Your Word, Your love is being perfected in her.

1Jn 2:15 .........I pray that she does not love the world or the things in the world,

3Jn 1:11..........and that she does not imitate what is evil, but what is good.

1Jn 1:7 ...........I pray that she walks in the light as You are in the Light,

Jas 4:8 ...........cleansing her hands and purifying her heart,

2Tim 2:22 .......May Kaitlyn follow after righteousness, faith, love, and peace.

Heb 13:18........May she have a good conscience and desire to live honorably,

Prov 3:4 ..........having favor and high esteem with God and man.

"I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him. So now I give her to you Lord. For her whole life she will be given over to You." (1 Samuel 1:27-28)

No comments: