Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Tuesday's Treasure: Teachable Moments

In my quiet time this week I came across a challenge that was too good not to share word-for-word. "As mothers, you and I have countless daily opportunities in our homes to plant God's Word deeply in the minds and souls of our children. We just need to take advantage of those opportunities. and we have the blessed privilege of tending their hearts and bringing them up in the training and admonition of the Lord (Eph 6:4). But first, we must comprehend that the little hearts God has placed in our care as children are treasures indeed. Then we must nurture a heart of passion for His word so that our passion will overflow into the lives of those we love."


According to God's word, my speech is to be seasoned with salt (Col 4:6) and this wonderful mothering verse give me -and you- instruction, permission, responsibility, and encouragement to salt our children continually with God's wisdom. Out of our mouths at every opportunity must come salt-God's truth.

Deuteronomy 6:6-7 says this to parents "These words which I command to you today shall be in your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up.

Lord, today I make the decision to be that ever-waiting, ever-watching mom, prepared to teach my daughter about You through the course of everyday life. Help me to see those Teachable Moments to point every tiny detail of our day to Your love and heart.

No comments: