Monday, January 24, 2011

Praying God's Word

My sweet friend Allison challenged me to dig into God's word this year and commit His truths to memory. I had already decided to pray a scripture over our family each week and then I saw this post from a blog I found from a friend Praying God's Word one week at a time.
(be sure and check out this blog-she has amazing ideas for your kiddos!!)
So, I am doing a combination of both of their ideas for 2011 and each Sunday night I pick a scripture to pray over our family and write it on a dry-erase memo board I have in our kitchen.
I can not begin to tell you what an impact praying 1 scripture everyday for our family has made. And I love that it is written out in the heart of our home..the kitchen...for us to see several times a day.

God has been working in our lives already this year and I feel like He is taking our family on a little adventure.  These scriptures have been such a source of strength and comfort. Right now all we see are pieces to the puzzle, but I can't wait to share with you what He has been doing when He reveals His plan to us. 

Week 1:
Ps 90:17 "Let the favor of the Lord our God be upon us and confirm for us the work of our hands"

Week 2: 
Prov 19:21 "Many are the plans in a person's heart but it the Lord's purpose that previals"

Week 3: 
Ps 20:4 "May He give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed"

Week 4:
Philippians 4:6-7 "Be anxious for nothing but in everything with prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be known to God"

So keep me accountable Alli and thank you for showing me how to be a woman after God's heart.


No comments: