Monday, January 17, 2011

Boo-hoo

Going to be honest, I woke up feeling pretty sorry for myself today. I go back to work tomorrow and ....well...I'm loving being at home with my kiddos. It's so nice to wake up (in no real hurry) and drink coffee and do my devo and then play with Jackson for a bit, then hop in the shower, do a craft with KK, run errands, have dinner ready when Chris gets home. I've really embraced being a full-time mom and starting yesterday I let anxiety and worry get the best of me. I started questioning how I am going to manage it all, thinking of how stressed out I am going to be trying to keep up the image I have in my mind of what a good mom and wife is. I basically worried the day away yesterday and hardly enjoyed any of it! Then I opened my devo book and it says:

"Come to me, and rest in My loving presence. You know that this day will bring difficulties, and you are trying to work your way through those trials. As you anticipate what is ahead, you forget that I am with you-now and always. Rehearsing your troubles results in experiencing them many tines, whereas you are meant to go through them only when they actually occur. Do not multiply your suffering in this way. Instead, come to me, and relax in my peace. I will strengthen you for this day, transforming your fear into confident trust. "

I'm so glad He cares about the little things. It may seem small to you. And no, I am not suffering, but I am emptying today-draining the joy I could experience right now-in anticipation of what I fear is going to be a rough day tomorrow.
Instead, I am going to be thankful that I have a job to go to. That, for right now, this is where I am supposed to be. I am going to anticipate the blessings He has in store for me with a cheerful and grateful heart!! Can you tell I am talking myself into this. :) This is the day the Lord has made...and tomorrow....well...it's going to be a  good day! 

No comments: