Sunday, May 2, 2010

I look around and see my beautiful life...

Geez, God has been working on my heart lately. It seems every time I get in the car the radio is playing the Sanctus Real song that begins
" I look around and see my wonderful life almost perfect from the outside".
Yep, that's me. Oh I have gotten really good at dressing my life up to look darling. I mean just look around, smiling faces, posts about how great my life is, precious moments I spend with my sweet baby girl, my rock star hot husband. Could life get any better??
I just thought it was important that I tell you I AM NOT PERFECT! Shocker, I know 'cause boy can I make it look like I juggle all the balls of life so well.
Instead, today I am screaming at the top of my lungs, I am but a sinner saved by grace. I am insecure in my friendships with girlfriends, I often wonder how God thought I was capable to care for one of His precious children, I make excuses for why my husband and I do not connect, I find myself not thinking positive thoughts and judging others, I pat myself on the back for reading an online devotional everyday and calling it "my quiet time"....this list goes on and on of my shortcomings that I try  to hide because I think I need to look so put together on the outside. Why do we feel that way?
Well, today I am taking off the mask and letting it all hang out (not hard to do since my belly is getting bigger by the day!! ha!!!) My life is not perfect, He is still working on me, I often fail others, I may have failed you, tomorrow is a new day; not for me to strive again to achieve it all, but to just have a heart after His.

2 Corinthians 12:9

9But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

2 comments:

Sharee Forman said...

So many times I wish you guys lived closer so I could be friends with you! I just love your heart and love your honesty. I think I could cut and copy this post myself and put it on my blog. I get where you're coming from and often struggle with blogging b/c it makes life seem so picture perfect when really it's messy with struggles. Thanks for your always refreshing honesty. It refreshed me and I'm sure many others!

Wynne Elder said...

sommer! i love your honesty & transparency. thanks for always encouraging & loving on others. praying god will bless you for that! you an an amazing woman of the lord. i'll be praying for you :) love you!