Monday, January 25, 2010

She's watching me...

Not only is she watching me, but she imitates me. She puts makeup on her cheeks, uses anything that looks like a cell phone and pretends she is talking to someone, tells her babies "do you hear me??"...oops I probably shouldn't say that in my frustration to her.

In reading Proverbs this morning I came across a scripture that I am sure I have read countless times but honestly it made me do a double take.

Proverbs 23:26
“O my son/daugher, give me your heart.
May your eyes take delight in following my ways.

She's watching me. She's watching what I do, what I say, how I treat Chris, if I read my bible, she even knows that my daily routine involves coffee (coppee as she calls it).

I wonder if my daily routine is showing her how to be a woman after God’s heart. Does she see the importance of a daily quiet time, a kind word to a friend, a prayer for my husband.

Hmm…He’s still working on me ; how precious her little heart is, what a task He has set before me to teach her the ways. (Deuteronomy 6)

No comments: