Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Break my heart for what breaks Yours..

It's late. Tomorrow my table will be filled with love and laughter of all I hold so dear. Plates will be piled high with mashed potatoes and that famous green bean casserole. Turkey and ham will leave our tummy's wondering if there's room for more.
And yet...admiring it all, the house still and quiet.... I just wonder.

How many will eat alone on this day of thanks....and how many more will not eat at all.

What will be such a joyous day in our house could be heartbreaking for so many more.
Thankful for a heart of gratitude. Thankful for His nudge; that my heart breaks for what breaks His. Thankful for the call to give, to serve, to respond.
Deuteronomy 15:10-11
You shall give to him freely and your heart shall not be grudging when you give to him, because for this the LORD your God will bless you in all your work and in all that you undertake. For there will never cease to be poor in the land. Therefore I command you, 'You shall open wide your hand to your brother, to the needy and to the poor, in your land.

And so my prayer for tomorrow is....hands open wide to others; arms extended in awe of the One who gave it all.
Praise Him from whom all blessings flow!

No comments: