Monday, October 10, 2011

ASK.......Learning Commandment 4

We learned to keep the Sabbath holy this week.
Our lesson taught us that we need rest and time of reflection to be refreshed!
We made doorknob hangers that said "Shh!! I'm resting with Jesus" I can't wait to hear how nap time's go this week for my Mustard Seeds.
This lesson really hit home with me. Our lives have really gotten busy and on the days I should rest, I am often trying to catch up or get ready for the next day. Tell me you are there too?

This week I was reminded of how God provided manna to the Israelites in the book of Exodus. The Israelites were told to collect enough manna for each day and to collect a double portion on day 6 (and day 6 only) so they could rest on day 7, the Sabbath.

Well, the Israelites are a lot like me! They decided they could get ahead and started collecting manna to have leftovers for everyday. But...those were not God's instructions and the extra manna started to smell and had maggots!!

Can you imagine the smell? Yet I wonder, what's my aroma like when I try to be super mom, neglecting the immediate needs of my family trying to prepare for tomorrow. Does my family get the sweet aroma of words full of grace or short words with no love. Am I too busy with tasks.....to see a heart right in front of me that needs a word of encouragement or a warm hug?

I need rest too. I need times of refreshing to fill my heart with more of Him.
May I be engaged this week.
May I guard my family from the business that distracts us from God and connecting with each other.
May I remember that when I am weak He is strong. I am not alone.

Lord help me to rest and worship you on the Sabbath. Keep me from being the woman that tears her home down with her own hands (Prov 14:1). Refresh my heart!! May I rest in You!!!

No comments: