Wednesday, October 5, 2011

ASK....Learning Commandment 3

We learned all about our words and taking God's name seriously this week at ASK
Commandment #3: Don't take the Lord's name in vain
We made a fun snack! 
We used apple slices, peanut butter, and marshmallows to make mouths.
We talked about ways we can use our mouth and tongue for good; praying to God, telling others about Him, singing!!
I gave my little ones little microphones and sent them lip whistles in the mail.
These munchkins are really soaking it all in!! 
In our large group time, the statement was said, "we need to give our tongue to Jesus". On the way to school the next morning Kaitlyn said, "but Mom, if I give my tongue to Jesus, how will I eat my breakfast" !!!
This mama fought back the laughter and tears as we talked about what the third commandment means and why God wants us to use our tongues for good.

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O LORD, my rock and my redeemer." Psalm 19:14

No comments: