Monday, October 18, 2010

Pumpkin Cookies

I had a blast today with my sweet Kaitlyn. We were crafty sisters today!! I think my kitchen table has glue, glitter, icing, and sprinkles on it still!!

My friend Sharee gave me a great recipe for pumpkin cookies. They are sooooo yummy!!!!

Pumpkin Cookies
1 cup softened butter
16 oz. canned pumpkin
2 cups sugar
4 cups flour
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. vanilla

Preheat oven to 375. Cream butter, sugar and pumpkin. Mix in remaining ingredients. Drop on greased cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool on wire rack and frost with cream cheese icing.

I just used the tub of icing and it was just fine, but if you want to make your own:
8 oz. cream cheese
2 Tbsp. butter
1/2 - whole box powdered sugar
Blend cream cheese and butter. Add enough powd. sugar for a good consistency and spread on cooled cookies.



And I really want to try these!!!! 

PUMPKIN SPICE BROWNIE BITES

1 brownie mix and ingredients
24 pumpkin kisses (or another flavor if you don't like pumpkin)
chocolate coating for dipping
another chocolate color or sprinkles

Make the brownies just like the package calls for. Bake and cool. Cut into small squares.
Place one kiss in the center of a square and smush the brownie around the kiss. After you have finished smushing all the brownies, place in the freezer until firm. 
Melt the chocolate in the microwave (don't overheat it, because it will burn...yes, I have done that before) Add a little bit of shortening to thin the chocolate out. 
Drop the bites in the chocolate and roll them around a bit. Remove from the choc and place on wax paper until the choc sets up. It will set up super fast because the bites are frozen, so if you are going to sprinkle, do it quickly. 
After the chocolate is all set, melt a contrasting chocolate color and drizzle on the bites. I just use a plastic baggie and cut a small hole in one corner.
YUMMY!!!

1 comment:

Sharee Forman said...

Yay, glad they turned out good, with the sugar I'm sure helped a bit! :) And, have to say, you look amazing by the way, how you are just three weeks away from delivery is beyond me! Amazing! :)