Wednesday, May 13, 2009

More on Proverbs 31 and Being a Mom

Proverbs 31:28

Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her.

I received a devotional this week that has me thinking even more about being a mom and a woman after God’s heart.

Being a mother is the most fulfilling, frustrating, exciting, exhausting, mind-boggling, hair-raising thrilling tiring, stimulating, soul-stirring, delightful, difficult, consuming, laborious, uplifting, inspiring, challenging, captivating, and rewarding job I've ever had. Did I mention difficult? I should have gotten a clue when I was told that having a child begins with a word called "labor."

My only prayer is that I plant seeds of character, pull weeds with discipline, water with prayer, and fertilize with encouraging words. To keep praying, keep encouraging, keep loving, loving, loving........ and one day Kaitlyn will "rise up and call me blessed."

No comments: