Thursday, July 22, 2010

My Morning Challenge

I have been memorizing the Proverbs 31 woman verse on the right side of my blog. I have it printed out on a cute stand next to my sink so for the past 9 months or so, I read it while I am getting ready for the day-or ready for bed. I've been thinking about the part she "rises before everyone else to take care of needs..."

It seems I have been bombarded lately with the importance of getting myself not only physically, but spiritually ready every morning. I have this written in my journal. It is an excerpt from one of Beth Moore's bible studies

Psalm 90:14 " Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love, that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days"
In my morning time with God I ask Him to satisfy all my longings and fill all my hollow places with His lavish, unfailing love. This frees me from craving the approval of others and requiring them to "fill my cup". Then, if someone takes the time to demonstrate his or her love to me, that is the OVERFLOW and I am free to appreciate it but do not emotionally require it because He alone has satisfied my every need.

So here goes my challenge: to rise before my family to meet with my Creator and King!

No comments: