Sunday, December 13, 2009

Community...

Chris and I have the amazing opportunity to serve as facilitators of a small group at our church. This past Sunday we had our COM Christmas party. I laughed so hard I cried...these guys are a hoot! I just love the picture of the boys..they tried to make it look like 5th grade school pictures. Isn't it just so much fun to have friends!

In reading Luke this week to prepare my heart for the celebration of our Savior's birth, I skipped over to chapter 5 and was reminded of the parable of the paralyzed man. I just began to thank God for sending such wonderful friends in our life.

Sometimes I am that paralyzed man-going through something I can't get through on my own and someone comes along, picks me up, and leads me to Jesus. And then sometimes I am the friend-I am the encourager that lifts others up. What a blessing to have a friend. We talk a lot in our group how that we are more than just a small group...we are a group that "does life" together. Thankful today for the blessing of calling you friend.

As iron sharpens iron, so a man sharpens the countenance of his friend. Proverbs 27: 17

1 comment:

Wynne Elder said...

love the post! I am so sad we missed out tonight :( but I too am so thankful for this group of friends we "do life" with, especially you my friend! thanks for leading our group!