Thursday, December 24, 2009

2009

I had a couple minutes today to just look back at 2009. The internet has sure made it easy to put your heart out for all to see. Between my blog and facebook I am flooded with entries of God at work in my everyday circumstances. Someone special to me made a collection of all the posts I have made on this blog and I was just so touched (again) at how alive and real my Sweet Savior has been in my life this year. There have been times in my life that I just coasted....just went through life....went through the motions-and honestly, felt content. And then there have been times where God has just worked on my heart and I see fruits of Him in my daily, ordinary, mundane circumstances and it just excites me.

My challenge for 2009 is for God to prune me even more. I really want the evidence of the fruits of the spirit in the everyday moments of life.

Lord, I would not even know where to start. Thank you for your grace. Thank you for your mercy that I am so undeserving of. Thank you for the plan that you have for me. Thank you for blessing me with a loving husband that works so hard to provide and lead our household. Thank you for bringing such joy and laughter into my life with my sweet snuggle bug. Thank you for the legacy that our families have set before us to chase after you and to fight for our not only for our relationship with You, but our relationship with each other. Thank you for surrounding us with friends that hold us accountable to Your word. Thank you for giving some really good best girlfriends this year; tears are running down my face as I think of what a blesssing they are to me.

I pray that you continue to "strip away" anything that is not of You. My Ebenezer (1 Samuel 7) this year of all you have done was so eloquently displayed by the words and thoughts you have birthed within me. Thank you for the gift of Your Son and that my life is forever changed by the change You have made in my heart.

1 comment:

alli zachry said...

BEAUTIFUL Sommer. You are just so beautiful and Christ in you is stunning! Thank you for letting him live in you and shining His light for all to see! You are such a huge blessing to me. Love you!!