Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Tuesdays Treasure

2 Corinthians 4:7
“But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us”
I came across a scripture and a devo that has inspired me to write about the broken places in my life that God’s glory has shown through. I want to call them Tuesday’s Treasure. I want to attempt to blog about a little nugget of goodness that God has placed on my heart each week. Paul tells us that each believer is a jar of clay that has a treasure inside. When we look through scripture, we can see that we contain peace (Philippians 4:7), the forgiveness of sins, redemption, the riches of God's grace (Ephesians 1:7), joy (John 15:11) and the resurrection power of Christ (Philippians 3:10). I feel like there are so many people in my life that feel like a broken vessel. People are suffering because of the loss of a job or a financial crisis, loneliness because of the loss of a loved one, depression because they are having difficulties having a child. As believers in Christ, God is with us in every situation-even the toughies-and He is longing to pour out a little bit of Him in our broken areas. God CAN be revealed through our brokenness. We have to hold on to His promise that our brokenness is not wasted (everything is used to display His glory.) The broken pieces of our life are what allow His spirit to do works of perseverance, character, and hope. (Roman 5:3-5) Lord, we thank you for the unexpected treasures we find in our brokenness.

No comments: