Monday, October 1, 2012

Interrupted

Umm...Hi! This time of year always throws me for a loop and has me trying to find my bearings. The ease and calm and tranquility of summer are definitely over and I find myself juggling to keep all the balls in the air? Am I the only mom who feels this way?

And then..BOOM! God chooses this week to wreck my heart! Really, Lord?

Do I dare tell God, I don't have time for this? (Gulp...did i say that out loud!?)

All this over the story of Jonah and the Whale!!! (the big fish)

Between preparing my 3-4 year old ASK lesson on this story and finding myself 100 pages in to Priscilla Shirer's book "Life Interrupted" God has my attention.

Just like Jonah I tend to run from things that cause hiccups in my calculated plans..and these days I feel my life is so full, things are VERY calculated!

I guess this Jonah had a story or two to tell me. He had a reminder for my soul that I tend to put some Jesus in my life on my terms...not His!

I've put myself in a trap. One hiccup, one moment out of sync, one second behind.....and I panic! My life has become so scheduled that I'm not in the moment! And in the moment I've missed it!

....I've missed the reason for it all. I've missed the opportunity to show His love, I've missed the opportunity to share His heart, I've missed the moment to give Him glory.

Keep pressing Lord...it's only Monday...keeping chipping away at this heart of mine until I cherish the life interrupted!

No comments: