Sunday, August 25, 2013

Learning Letter W...

We had way too much fun learning letter W. 
So much that this Mama almost did not want to move on to the next letter!
Kaitlyn and I started talking about the World. Still, such a hard concept to a little one. 
 Our sweet friends the Elders http://theelderadventurers.com/have opened Kaitlyn's eyes to ALL the little children of the world and swayed most of her decision when we decided to sponsor a child that lived on the opposite side of the World from us through Compassion International.
Kaitlyn picked a little girl from Africa who is 5 years old named Karidia.
We cant wait to send our sweet Karidia letters and learn more about her and her family.
 The Elders also helped us learn about another letter W word..Water.
 
Stephen Elder used his birthday to raise awareness about the lack of Water in other countries. Kailtlyn had a lemonade stand to contribute to the cause and made $18.41 to go towards little ones just like her having access to clean water.
Read more about this cause here http://theelderadventurers.com/2013/08/anybody-story-18-stephen-elder-my-hubby/
 We also talked about other Letter W words.. like...the Weather


And our Letter W scripture...to WAIT on the Lord.
Such another hard concept of a little one...who I am kidding...mommy needed to memorize this scripture the most. Letter X & Y you are up next!

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely adore this friend! you are so amazing + I have LOVED watching you and KK on this journey. and I love how god can use our adoption to teach sweet children about his love for all the kids in the world! love you!

    ReplyDelete